10/23/2014

How madness is the most important ability in society

When I was a little kid in the hellish paradise of a caribbean island, I made a friend that was very much like me. Some might call what I have intelligence, some might call it logic, but me and my friend knew what it really was: madness. She was cute and tiny, those around her adored her in a fake way, leeching from her cuteness and presence like ghost surrounding the living. In my case I was ugly, kinda fat, kinda hairy, but I have an awesome memory, which worked wonders for the mass testing bullshit others call "learning" so I was surrounded by those who wanted me to better their grades. So this story is kinda like the dark beauty and beast, and how human relations are based on. I didn't live in a castle far away from others (although I would love that now) and she wasn't that scared of me, but the truth is that the moment we met we could see we shared the same type of emotions for the world that surrounded us. In fact, a lot of the people that came to be my friends during my youth shared, up to a point, my view of society: its a filthy lie everyone tells themselves to ignore the truth.

Nowadays I don't have that many good friends left. Most of the people that used to share my ideals and interpretations adapted to the world around them, or as someone less cynical than me might call it: they "grew up". But, while most people would say that is a great thing to do, and they themselves expect of me to to the same, I have seen them all go from being happy, to being content, then depressed and then go into autopilot to the point where I'm not sure if they are still quite there. While growing up they came to the conclusion, each in their own way, that doing what they had to do was the correct thing, and as such they had to keep doing what others were doing, even if it consumed their very essence. The strange thing is that if I ask them if they are happy they either say that they aren't or feel judged by me, but if I ask them why don't they change most say that I'm immature or show that they are disappointed in me for not jumping in the bullshit wagon.

You might ask yourself "what happened to the cute and tiny girl?" Well, long story short we stopped talking for years, but a few years ago we began talking again and while she has "grown up" to a point, she sincerely and absolutely hates it. She doesn't even try to pass it as something life does, she harbors in her soul the eternal desire to tell the world to fuck itself every second of everyday, but that doesn't help her at all. In fact, it hinders her ability to adapt, not as much as my disdain for everything but still enough to cause her to identify the causes. However, this isn't good because the only worse thing that suffering is knowing you are suffering, which is why madness is the most important ability in society. Since

No comments:

Post a Comment